I told you on Wednesday that I would share some of my favorite country music songs. I was thinking about why I love country so much and I know that a big part of it is that so many country songs tell a great story.
I love story-telling and I love how real so much of the songwriting is. I also love songs that move me. Whether it moves me to tears or it moves me to smile or it moves me to get up and dance, I love all the emotion music brings to our lives.
First, a few personal country facts I want to share:
1) I do not own cowboy boots
2) I do not own a cowboy hat
3) I do not line dance
4) I can ride a horse
5) There is such a thing as too much twang in country
(and too much banjo).
Now here are some great songs that I think ya’ll will love even if you think you don’t like country!
Five Great Songs by Women Country Singers
Every mama should make sure her daughters hear these…
1) This One’s For The Girls – Martina McBride
2) Somebody’s Hero – Jamie O’Neal
3) Room to Breathe – Reba McEntire
4) I Didn’t Know My Own Strength – Bobbie Cryner
5) I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
Five Great Patriotic Country Songs
These pretty much always move me to tears…
1) Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning) – Alan Jackson
2) Have You Forgotten? – Darryl Worley
3) American Soldier – Toby Keith
4) Some Gave All – Billy Ray Cyrus
5) God Bless the U.S.A. – Lee Greenwood
Come on now, don’t be scared. Search for the songs and have a listen–it should be no surprise that I’m an iTunes fan. You might be pleasantly surprised and want to add some new music to your iPod. 😉
If you already love country, take a moment and share a couple of your favorite songs in the comments section. I’m always looking for great new tunes personally recommended by friends!
[…] singer does not need to come to the country side. Just because they know country music fans are the most loyal fans in the music […]